By Norman Isaac Mwambazi
It is without doubt that Uganda has the biggest music industry in the East African region, with Ugandan musicians releasing songs that receive massive airplay on radio stations and TV channels in Uganda and across borders.
With this success, it always feels well-deserved for Ugandans who have done well in a musical year to be nominated for continental or international awards, and this is true for this year’’ All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
A total of seven Ugandan musicians and entertainers have been nominated for the seventh edition of AFRIMA awards that will be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic on November 15, 2020, in Dallas, Texas, USA, and this surprisingly includes female rap star Keko, who has been pretty absent from Uganda’s airwaves.
- Eddy Kenzo – Best Male Artiste East Africa
- Sheebah Karungi – Best Female Artiste East Africa
- Vinka – Best Female Artiste East Africa
- Sasha Vybz – Best Video Director
- Keko – Best female rapper
- Masaka Kids Africana – Best African Dancer
- James Onen – Radio/TV Personnel of The Year
Other African stars nominated are; Burna Boy, Diamond Platnumz, Aya Nakamura, Sauti Sol, Davido, Master KG, nd Alikiba among others.
The AFRIMA awards aim at celebrating the beauty and diversity of African music.
1,489 total views, 2 views today